LX.TV is looking for an enthusiastic and proactive Post-Production Intern to help edit two weekly television programs in its Los Angeles office. Quick learners knowledgeable of Final Cut Pro who have great attitudes, a good sense of humor, and excellent organizational skills are encouraged to apply. This is an unpaid internship and you must be able to receive academic credit. We would like to fill this position ASAP.
Please review the job description and requirements listed below. If you’re interested in applying please go to www.nbcunicareers.com/internships/la_ny_area/ and under “West Coast Internships (CA)” click “TV Production, Development, & Programming” to submit your cover letter and resume. In addition, please also e-mail a copy of your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Post-Production Intern will mainly assist the editors and assistant editor in the creation of two weekly shows.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Logging and digitizing media
– Helping editors string out and/or rough cut show segments
– Burning DVDs/CDs
– Organizing tapes/ editor area
– Keeping library listing of audio used in shows
– Delivering tapes
– Other post-production duties as assigned
– Know how to burn DVDs
– Be familiar with MAC computers
– Be familiar with Final Cut Pro
– Familiar with creating/editing rough cuts or string outs
– Desire to become an editor or learn more about editing
NBC Universal interns must meet the following criteria:
– Enrolled in a Bachelor’s/Masters program at an accredited college or university
– 18 years or older and current sophomore standing or above
– Able to receive academic credit from their college or university prior to starting assignment
– Commit to minimum of 3 days per week either on a part-time or full-time basis