Join AAJA Today
With more than 1,700 members throughout the United States and Asia, AAJA serves a variety of needs. AAJA members are staff, reporters and freelance journalists for digital, print and broadcast media. Members also include students interested in careers in journalism and former journalists in public relations, academia and other fields that support AAJA’s mission. There are many benefits available to AAJA members:
Discounted tickets and early access to AAJA networking and community events
- Discounted registration for AAJA convention
- Early access to career opportunities via bi-weekly online newsletter
- Entry fee waiver for AAJA’s national journalism awards contest
- Recognition on AAJA.org of special achievements or career moves
- Significant discounts on UPS, AP online stylebook, Poynter on-site courses, AARP membership and other services
AAJA membership is based on the calendar year, January to December, regardless of when dues are received. Membership registration submitted today is good through December 31. Membership in AAJA is open to all who believe in our mission, which includes ensuring fair and accurate coverage of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders (AAPIs), as well as encouraging the hiring and promotion of AAPIs in newsrooms.
There are 6 types of membership:
- Student Membership: $25
- Retired Membership: $25
- Full Membership: $65
- Associate Membership: $65
- Gold Membership: $100*
- Platinum Membership: $750*
- Corporate Membership: $1,500
*Partially tax deductible
How to Join
Just click here and you’ll be directed to the AAJA page where you can join or renew your membership.
Contact us directly to receive a membership form by simply emailing Justin Seiter (email@example.com) or calling 415-346-2051 x107.