Attendees will be provided with free appetizers and raffle tickets for a prize drawing at the end of the night. Come meet the 2013 AAJA-LA Board of Directors, and network with esteemed journalists from across Southern California. Hear about this year’s calendar of events, including AAJA-LA’s signature V3 Digital Media Conference, Trivia Bowl, and the AAJA national convention in New York City.
Make sure to join chapter or renew your membership. The Mixer is free to all current AAJA-LA members and people who join or renew the night of the event (with advance RSVP).
WHO: *AAJA members, individuals interested in becoming new AAJA members; members of our sister organizations.
*Under 21 not allowed at this event.
WHAT: A mixer and membership drive to kick off the new year. Hosted appetizers and non-hosted bar.
WHEN: Wednesday Jan. 23, 2012. Event begins: 7 p.m.
WHERE: Far Bar’s private lounge, 347 East 1st Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
– Suggested parking: Aiso Street Parking Garage, 101 N. Judge John Aiso St.; 90012
($3 flat rate after 5 pm)
Venue is public transportation/Metro-friendly
WHY: Meet your print, broadcast, radio and digital journalism colleagues. New and renewing members get in free!
With advance pre-pay/advance RSVP (until 1/23, at 5pm)
- Current AAJA members = FREE
- New and renewing AAJA members = FREE
- Sister organization members (NABJ, NAHJ, NAJA, NLGJA) = $5
- Non-affiliated Guests = $10
At the door:
- Current AAJA members = $5
- New and renewing AAJA members = $5
- Sister organization members (NABJ, NAHJ, NAJA, NLGJA) = $10
- Non-affiliated Guests = $15